Say What?!??!

To be honest, it took me a while to come up with something that epitomized my idea of wealthy NYC. I tried to think of stuff that was really expensive. It took a while for the answer to come to me but when it did, I was so HAPPY!! I started doing a little dance because I was so excited, but thankfully, nobody was home.

When I think of wealthy NYC, I think of people worrying about the smallest things and affording the most expensive things. Sometimes when people have a lot of money, they’ll buy an expensive car, diamonds, travel the world. But other times, rich people pay a crazy amount of money for something that’s gonna pass right through them.

A few years ago, I went with my mom and dad to Madison Avenue. We were just looking from store to store and walked in to a store, whose name I never paid attention to. We were looking around. My dad wandered off and did some exploring on his own. It was just me and my mom. We saw things that we were unfamiliar with. My mom, being my mom, pointed at these soft, round, wet things and asked a lady what it was. The lady scoffed, looked at my mom, said “CAVIAAAR,” and walked away. She was an incredibly rich and rude lady. My mom looked at me, shook her head and said we should leave, so I found my dad and we all left the store, never to return again.

Sometimes, what people are willing to pay, let’s say for something to eat, is RIDICULOUS!

I heard about caviar being a luxury delicacy and it being really expensive. It kind of made sense as to why rich people would pay for something like that. But when I found out that caviar is fish eggs, my mind was blown. I just could not understand why someone would pay so much money to eat fish eggs. I googled the price and found it to be roughly $100 per ounce of caviar. I find that to be a crazy amount of money to throw away like that. Some people actually like caviar and that’s great. Others just say they like it because they’re “supposed” to, because they’re rich, because they can afford it.

This entry was posted in 04.Uptown, Blog. Bookmark the permalink.