And the winner is…

Do The Right Thing – terrible intro, lots of craziness

Intringulis – Grrrrrrrrrreat, OMG so good

Yellow Face – ehhh, I liked acting it out though

Maria Full of Grace – Best movie for sure, Bianca’s annoying -_-

A View From a Bridge – Best play we read, sad ending

Asunción – So funny I’d consider LMAOing

Top of the morning to you! I hope everyone survived the weird storm and still got to have some Halloween fun this weekend. I’ve always dreamt of a white Halloween ^_^. Now onto more pressing matters, the champion performance of the unit. Above is a synopsis of my reactions to the pieces of the unit and the winner is…*drum roll*… INTRINGULUS!

I think every piece had something to offer however, Intringulis is truly a work of genius because it was able to connect to so many different individuals. As we saw a few blogs ago, Queens is an incredibly diverse area, I mean look at our class! And if I remember correctly Intringulis was the one that impacted most of us, even though we are from different ethnicities, different backgrounds, different situations, etc.

The other pieces definitely had something to say and they all moved me in some shape or form. However, Intringulis truly left a mark on me. It’s interesting because I was really skeptical about a one-man show but after seeing Carlos in Intringulis I love one-man shows! But this piece had a beautiful story, an intriguing set, powerful music, an extremely talented actor, a hint of comedy and a moving message.

Although Intringulis was not as funny as Asunción it successfully added comedic moments without losing the message. It was modern with references to the Jersey Shore and Napoleon Dynamite. More important than anything else, Intringulis gives the audience the chance to really see what it’s like to be an illegal immigrant. Unfortunately, so many of us are so quick to judge that we never stop and consider that rule we all learned in kindergarten: put yourself in the other person’s shoes. For 90 minutes everyone in the audience is put in Carlos’ shoes and it really makes you reassess your views on illegal immigration.

So overall, I think all the pieces gave it a good try but in the end Carlos and Intringulis won.

This entry was posted in 08.Immigration, Blog. Bookmark the permalink.