Final Arts Blog: Done Dada

So this is it, the very very last and final end game finishing blog that I will ever do in my life for this class. This film project has most definitely been a roller coaster ride. We had our good moments, as well as our bad moments. We laughed, and we cried(well not really). In the beginning, I don’t really think this project was going to be hard but I had misgauged the magnitude of this project. I underestimated the hours and hours needed to actually think about what to wear, where everybody’s positions will be, and where the camera should be shot from. After doing this project, I undoubtedly have a newfound appreciation for the art of moviemaking and I laud all those who do engage in moviemaking for it is not an easy task to accomplish, especially if you have a very serious and creepy movie.

I don’t think there were really any easy parts in doing this movie but I would say that the most difficult part of the movie would be the actual filming of the movie. Sometimes it would take us an hour just for a scene that was only like one minute long. It’s hard because you literally have to think about every single thing in the shot before you do it. You have to worry about the setting, if your facial expressions match, if the background is how you want it to be, and if the camera angle is from the position you want it. Although I wasn’t a part of it, I can tell that the editing process must have taken a lot of time and I give props to Rui Yan for that. As one might see from the movie tomorrow, I have never ever acted in my life before and have never been a part of a movie. It was hard for me because it seemed like I could tell other people what to do and where to stand as well as how your facial expressions should be since I was the director, but I couldn’t do them myself, especially since I was playing galvez who is supposed to be a girl character and those lines where galvez goes “Oh my” and “O, O, O” were just killer. Even though I did not like remembering all the lines that I had, I don’t think remembering the lines was all that hard. The hard part was trying to remember the lines, while acting at the same time.

My favorite moment of making this film would be, all the time offstage where we were just goofing around in between scenes and just taking a break. It really did ease a lot of the pressure off us and we did get a lot of laughs out. There were some scenes that took a lot of time to film just because we couldn’t stop laughing. I had no idea what we were laughing at but all I know is that we couldn’t stop… especially those times when we were filming and Vishal would just pop out of nowhere and just make us laugh.

All in all, I would say that this a positive experience (of course I say that now that we are done). I did learn a lot about the art of film-making and did get to spend time with my classmates. I actually wouldn’t mind making another film, as long as it was less serious than the one we just did. I would like to end by saying Hello, Goodbye, and Thank You!

This entry was posted in Blog, multimedia project. Bookmark the permalink.