Not Much Has Changed

Although i live on Long island, New York City has been a part of my life since i  was a wee child. I have lost count of the amount of times that i have been to Jackson Heights, the Lower East Side, and Times Square. They are all different and really all the same. Regardless of the movies I have watched, my perspective on the big apple has not changed, if anything it has been supported. NYC is grim, exuberant, dark and dreamlike. There is bad to every good and good to every bad. I personally don’t want to live in NYC. Its pretty expensive, really crowded, traffic is crazy and i actually like peace and quiet. But its pretty awesome to visit. Maybe i don’t appreciate new york as much as people from different sates because I can visit anytime i want. But i personally feel it isn’t all that it’s worked up to be. People have this idea that New York City is the place to be  if you want to make it big. It’s supposed to be the place full of opportunity. However its not that simple and not that perfect.

Of all the movies I have watched, none have really impacted or influenced my views. However I do believe that all of the films had something valuable to share that i happen to agree with. I will start with Breakfast at Tiffany’s because it was my favorite out of the selection. I personally liked the movie because it was funny and very cute. Audrey Hepburn did a good job of playing the naive yet charismatic Holly Golightly. I think the most valuable thing that i got out of the film was that NYC was the place that would make your dreams come true. Holly ran away from home at a very young age and chose to go to the land of opportunity. She tries but fails to fit into the wealthy class and has this false image that if you are wealthy nothing can go wrong with you, just like Tiffany’s. MoonStruck, The Muppets Take Manhattan and Wallstreet, all have a similar view about NYC. If your there something good is bound to happen. The muppets believe if the go to New York, they will have their big break on broadway without a sweat. Bud from Wall street believes that if you live in New York have money, you really are somebody important. And In Moonstruck, Loretta and Ronny go to an opera and act as if they belong to that type of lifestyle.