Final Project Blog

My Role in the film was the Dramaturg. I researched the time period in which our movie was going to be based on as well as the style make up and attire. Although Noelia was in charge of costume design, I used her ideas to complete my costume. For the first two days I did not act because spiders role came in on the third day. For the first two days I was co-directing with Jalissa and Chris and we all gave our ideas as to what would look best on screen. We changed some of the scenery and told the actors of that day what to adjust or add.

In regards to the filmmaking process, I have to give props to all actors’ directors and producers that make movies. This process was a pain. I know I am not cut out for the acting life. It was very difficult to memorize lines with no consistency or plot. I was Spider and I had more of a continuous plot yet I was still having trouble. I wasn’t really a fan of the script. It was a little monotonous and confusing. I understand the authors point of view however its a little irritating that its open to so many interpretations. I guess that’s the beauty of it.

The location that we were able to find for our interpretation of the play was beautiful and the costumes were also very nice I thought it would be fun to preform and show off my “skills” but after a while it was getting frustrated and i could feel the pressure. I couldn’t help but laugh when i messed up and that took away about 5 mins every time. The crew was getting a little annoyed as well. I was happy that we were bale to pull it off but i wasn’t expecting it to take three days when every other group was able to do it in one. My favorite part of this was the few times we actually all worked together on a scene. Other than that i didn’t really have that great of an experience even though i was pretty optimistic about it.