Final Project Blog

We can definitely mark “Movie Maker” off the list of possible career choices! This experience was insane to say the least. I have never worked so hard on a project in my life.. hands down. I honestly don’t know where to begin. I’ll start with the group of people I worked with.

Macaulay is filled with creative and talented people, and I was lucky enough with not only to work with a group of ladies who were both creative and talented, but also cooperative, thoughtful, and hard working. I was the cinematographer of the group, but all of the other roles were shared and brainstormed together to make the best possible outcome that we can make. We were all very open minded when hearing each others thoughts and ideas (and we definitely had plenty) and tried to make each idea work somehow into the film. I appreciated my group, and working with them was probably my favorite part of the film process.

All the other parts of the film process, was very… ugh. It was hard. We filmed everything in one day, with plenty of time to edit and discuss the film afterwards. Holding my camera for 9 hours straight trying to capture the moment in the best lights and angles possible was so hard, and I appreciate how my group didn’t just leave me to “handle it”, they helped and made helpful suggestions that made things a lot easier for me. My arms and back muscles felt quite sore the next day, but looking at the footage and editing it with the help of my group made it definitely worth it. Editing it was probably the hardest part of the whole process, because after doing a supposedly good job editing the “east village podwalk” I was held at high expectations and I had a big desire to meet those expectations for both myself and for my group.

I felt like the reason I didn’t “enjoy myself” making this film was because I did not connect to the script. I thought it was so weird to be honest, but to each their own. It was upsetting that after working so hard on a piece of work, I couldn’t even show my parents my group and my accomplishment due to the disgusting dialogue from Spider and the amount of cursing that went on. I felt like it wasn’t really meaningful, and once its all over, I will probably not look back at this piece of work.

With that being said, I’m still very proud of the work my group and I created. We worked really hard, just like I’m sure all of our peers in the class did, and looking at it, I can safely say that we really did the best we could. Take after take, we continued and didn’t give up, no matter how many times we burst out laughing, or someone forgot their lines, or I forgot to hit record on my camera. With no judgement, we kept marching on, and now our march has finally reached its final destination!

One thought on “Final Project Blog