athena

Athena Amentas is a University Scholar at Queens College and Macaulay Honors College. She is working towards a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science with a minor in Business and Liberal Arts. She was born and lives in Long Island, New York. She may become a lawyer. Her interests include learning about other cultures, reading, and baking. She plans to study abroad during her undergraduate to further expand her knowledge on other cultures, become fully immersed in a new culture, and experience as much of what the world has to offer as she can.

hilly

Hilly Renana Bachiry was born in Petah Tikva, Israel in 1996 before moving to the US in 1999. She is currently a freshman at Macaulay College in Queens College. She is considering majoring in Linguistics while minoring in Japanese and maybe Italian. Hilly loves to travel and hopes to study abroad in multiple countries in the future. When she is not trying to learn foreign languages or playing with people’s pets, she enjoys listening to music or babysitting toddlers. She wishes to pursue animal related research in future. Hilly hopes to be able to incorporate her interest in research and her love of languages and children in the whatever career she pursues.

self-photo-bio-blog2-200x200

Jadxia Carbajal is a freshman at the Macaulay Honors College. She plans on pursuing a major in Studio Art with a minor in Business and Liberal Arts. In her free time she enjoys bothering her pets, hunting for old records, and watching bad movies.

linda

Linda Collazo is a University Scholar at the Macaulay Honors College at Queens College. With her curiosity and love for music, she is currently majoring in Classical Vocal Performance at the Aaron Copland School of Music and is considering a second major in either Psychology or Economics. Besides singing and playing music, when her time permits, she enjoys doing yoga, Pilates, taking walks in the city, and hanging out with good friends.

Screen Shot 2015-05-12 at 1.41.12 PM

Arwa El-Rowmeim is an undergraduate student at Macaulay Honors College and Queens College. She is pursuing a bachelors degree in chemistry and education with hopes of becoming a pharmacist. However, she is also interested in becoming a teacher and author. Arwa has many hobbies that include writing, reading, painting, sewing, baking, and sketching.

sarah

Sarah Franco is a University Scholar at Maculay Honors College at Queens College. She is currently a Music major with a minor in Business & Liberal Arts. She hopes to also add either Political Science or History as another major, and eventually become an International Relations lawyer. In her free time, Sarah enjoys listening to Broadway songs, reading biographies of fascinating historical people, and venturing into New York City.

rachel

Rachel Gohari is a freshman Macaulay Honors Scholar at Queens College. She is currently pursuing the Pre-Med Track with a major in Psychology and a minor in the Honors in the Mathematical and Natural Sciences. Rachel has a love for cooking and enjoys trying new foods as she discovers New York City.

sadia

Sadia Hasan is a freshman at Macaulay Honors Queens College. She is currently pursuing a degree in Computer Science with a minor in BALA and possibly Arabic. In her free time, she enjoys watching TV, reading, making funny voices and knitting.

clara

Clara Helwaser is a student in Macaulay Honors at Queens College. She is currently pursuing a major in political science and sociology with a minor in Honors in Social Science. She plans on hopefully going to law school once she graduates. In her spare time, she enjoys taking road trips, listening to music, and visiting museums in NYC.

josh

I am Joshua Libin, and currently a freshmen undergraduate student, in my second semester, currently taking pre-medical courses and planning to major in a science or mathematics. Additionally, I am planning to become a pediatric cardio-thoracic surgeon within the next two decades and build a family long before that point. But I would prefer to play basketball all day over doing anything else. My favorite hobby is going to the local park and playing pick-up basketball with whoever. The games can get really intense, and it is a fantastically fun workout.

mariyanthie

Hey guys! My name is Mariyanthie Linaris, and I am a freshman University Scholar at Macaulay Honors at Queens college. I was born  in Queens, New York, but I feel most at home in Chios, Greece. I attended the William Spyropoulos Greek-American Day School in Flushing, New York from Pre-K to eighth grade and then went on to spend my high school years at Archbishop Molloy High School in Briarwood, New York. Currently, I am on a pre-medicine track, but I have no definite major yet; I am considering neuroscience or perhaps something in English or mathematics. In my spare time, I like to read, write, sing, talk, and volunteer.

rebekah

I am Rebekah Lopatto, a freshman undergraduate university scholar at Queens College and Macaulay Honors College. I am a prospective theater major with minors in Honors in the Humanities and Korean. In the future, I hope to pursue a career in either acting or directing (or both).

arlene

Arlene Lopez is a first year undergraduate University Scholar recipient at Queens College. At the moment she is pursuing a double major in Nueroscience and Political Science with a minor in Women’s Studies. She currently lifeguards and teaches swim lessons at the Queens College Aquatics Center. On her free time, Arlene enjoys swimming, taekwondo,and playing with her dog, Shaggy the Shih Tzu.

amy

Amy Marino is a freshman Macaulay Honors student at Queens College. She has not decided on a major yet, but is sure that she will incorporate art and psychology into whatever she chooses to do. In her spare time, she loves to witness and be inspired by other people’s creative expressions, whether it be through movies, TV shows, or even YouTube videos. She plans on studying abroad and opening herself up to new cultures and experiences during her time in college.

michelle

Michelle Pedreros is a freshman at the Macaulay Honors College of Queens College. She will be graduating in the Spring of 2018 and is pursuing a Biology major as well as a minor in the Honors in Math and Sciences. Michelle is striving to become a veterinary surgeon and is looking into animal psychology as well. Besides her love for biology, Michelle is also very interested in languages including American Sign Language.

yigal

Yigal Saperstein is a Macaulay Honors scholar at Queens College. He is currently pursuing a B.S. in Computer Science with a minor in Economics. He has various interests in computers, business, and music. His hobbies include biking, and playing piano and violin.

alix

Alix Smith is a first year flute performance major at Aaron Copland School of Music through Macaulay Honors College. Considering a minor in composition, conducting, or one of the languages, Alix hopes to continue on to grad school before performing internationally and helping those struggling with addiction. In her free time she loves listening to and creating music, reading, learning about other cultures, hiking, yoga, and plenty of other peaceful and exciting activities.

rebecca

Rebecca Tepp is a University Scholar in the Macaulay Honors College at Queens College. Rebecca is a Freshman pursuing her B.S. in nutrition and dietetics, and a minor in Business and Liberal Arts. She also has a passion for the Hebrew language, and hopes to become fluent. During her free time, Rebecca loves to swim, read, and listen to Hebrew music.

kent

Kent Williams is a second-semester freshman of the Macaulay Honors College at Queens College. He is currently undecided, although he is leaning towards a double major in Environmental Science and Economics, with a minor in music theory. What he can do with those majors is still a mystery, just like whatever is under his hat. He enjoys acting and singing, as well as drumming and playing the piano, whenever he is not reading or outside swimming, biking, playing soccer, or out with the Kappa Sigma Fraternity.

11246247_1632933803603421_1081141819_o

Matania Yehounatan is a first-year student at Queens College-Macaulay. Academically, he enjoys studying the natural sciences and has a particular interest in human medicine. Outside the classroom, Matania enjoys riding his bike, watching 90’s sitcom reruns and playing mind games with his Golden Retriever, Rocky.