Beauty

The Victoria`s Secret model is the epitome of beauty in modern society. Every year on December 4, practically every girl (and guy) in America stays up late, eagerly anticipating the sparkly bras and underfed models. The feminist in me screams: “NO GOD NO. WHAT SORT OF PERSON WOULD WATCH A SHOW PROMOTING ANOREXIA AND LOOKING SEXY ONSTAGE IN UNDERWEAR?!” But the truth is, she is pretty. Super pretty. And yes, beauty comes in all sizes and shapes. I mean, Brooke Elliot? Gorgeous.

But we shouldn`t bash the Angels. They work hard for what they do and stuff. Like 6-hours-of-cardio-a-day hard. Just because most people aren`t a size 0, doesn`t mean that we shouldn`t appreciate the ones that are. Beauty in all sizes, even reaaallllly small sizes.

5 thoughts on “Beauty

1. I agree with you Rachel. Beauty does come in all sizes, really small and really big as well! It may be cheesy to say that everyone is beautiful in their own way but if you think about it, this is actually a very true statement. Everyone sees beauty differently, and various forms of beauty exist in each unique culture.

2. This may sound a tad arrogant but I disagree. I think there are other forms of beauty besides physical beauty, but it surely doesn’t come in all sizes. Like I have been attracted to girls based on their intelligence or humor, but physical beauty also plays a role. For example, I don’t think this Brook Elliot is good looking, at all. But then again, I am into fitness and all that so maybe that’s why I find Victoria’s Secret-esque girls very attractive.

3. Although you are making a point many men, and women, would agree with I think it is important to remember that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Yet again, this is cheesy but it is proven to be true time and time again. I too don’t think of Brooke Elliot as being all that attractive, but to be honest I don’t think the girl Rachel posted first has any beauty, although she is certainly not lacking in sex appeal. Beauty isn’t a set value or concept; rather it is completely subjective. I guess I regard beauty the way the existentialists regard morality; lacking in absolutes.

4. Yeah, I agree with you Julia. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder which is why I disagreed with Rachel. Whatever floats your boat, man.