Liveblogging from the National!

I am currently sitting outside the National Theatre on the Southbank of the Thames. For those of you Americans who don’t check the timestamp on these posts, it is now 5:32 AM in Londontown. Well, it is now while I write.

I recorded a video explaining this, but I’m posting on my smartphone, so in short – Danny Doyle directed a production of Frankenstein and it is WILDLY POPULAR. Tickets for the whole run have been sold out forever. But the National has a day ticket scheme. They save cheap tickets for the day of the performance and sell them when the box office opens at 9:30. But this show is so popular that people line up from 4 in the morning or earlier to get tickets. I got here just past 5 and there are about 15 people in line ahead of me. Each person can buy 2 tickets, but there is a matinee performance today so I should be fine. Which is good, because I am not getting up at 4 AM again for this play.

I’ve already called home so I’ll try to keep liveblogging if anything interesting happens. But I already got lost on the way here, and no one attacked me, so I think I’m in for a fairly slow morning.

Oooh look! The sun is rising!