Liveblogging II

Still at the National Theatre!! We have just had our “Only 59 minutes to go!” celebration. I don’t know if I mentioned it before, but it is cold. I’m in my winter coat and a snuggie, but I am so envious of the group at the front of the line, in sleeping bags. I’ve also been staring longlingly at the people with little pop-up chairs. The floor is cold concrete.

The line is now stretching down to the cafe, around the corner. I can’t imagine what the people at the end of the line are thinking – there are only so many day tickets, and then only so many standing room tickets, even if there are two performances today. I’m on my laptop now, but it’s so cold that it’s hard to type. About 45 minutes ago, a guard offered us a chance to come inside and go to the bathroom, and gave us all instruction to the back entrance. How nice, right?

People having been popping off to Waterloo station for breakfast and coffee, but as I can’t eat the first and I don’t like the taste of the second, I’ve just defended two spots and hunkered down in my coat. When I got here, I was so warm (I ran here, after getting lost) that I took my coat off. Not it’s zipped up all the way. Brrrrrrr.