Thought some might be interested in this message From: Ulrike Bialas

Subject: RE: Call for Ideas: Visual/Virtual Ideas for “New York City in the 1960s’ course Date: Fri, Jan 13, 2017 11:39 am

Dear Professor Krase,
perhaps you already know him, but I recommend Tony Schwartz’s audio work. He was a sound archivist and sound designer who recorded street sounds in New York in the 50s, 60s, and 70s. The Library of Congress has his entire body of work, and you can download it there. And this website has some of his recordings available: http://www.wnyc.org/series/tony-schwartz

All best, Ulrike Bialas

Dear Friends: I am teaching a course at the CUNY Macaulay Honors College this Spring on “New York City” in the 1960s. I will be visual and virtually tweaking the course idea which was developed by Ted Widmer
This will be an immersive journey through the long, strange trip of the 1960s, concentrating on the central role played by New York City. The course will move chronologically through a decade that still affects us strongly fifty years later, focusing on the dreams that were realized and those that fell short. The class will draw upon reading, film, field trips, outside speakers and spirited conversation, designed to reflect a multiplicity of perspectives.

I would appreciate suggested films, video, readings, websites, etc as well as visual/virtual assignments that will work with a small class of very bright energetic students. Thanks.