My name is Danilo Rojas. I grew up in Brooklyn, where I attended Brooklyn Technical High School, and I am now a second year student in the Macaulay Honors College at Hunter College. I am majoring in biochemistry and history and intend to go to medical school after my undergraduate studies. My interest in history stems from a desire to learn more about racial relations and discover what events made the world what it is today, and I enjoy biology and chemistry because of their applications to create change. The primary thing I hope to take away from my undergraduate studies is to learn how to effectively present science  to make it accessible to everyone and show the big picture when it comes to scientific research, a skill that would help me communicate with anyone about anything. My ultimate career goal is to be a rehabilitation physician with a focus in sports medicine. Currently, I am working in a research lab at Hunter College in the Chemistry Department where we do work on the chemistry of natural substances, which involves developing effective methods to isolate such substances and discovering their role in biological systems. In the last two years, I’ve also worked as a summer camp counselor for the YMCA and as a volunteer at Mt. Sinai hospital. Outside of school, I enjoy basketball, weightlifting, sports in general, playing video games for hours, reading about gender and racial relations, and arguing about stuff on messageboards.