CUNY Macaulay Honors College Seminar Four – Baruch Spring 2009

1 John Maciuika { 04.07.09 at 9:14 am }

Outstanding work Diana! I like the way your description of your neighborhood gives way to a highlight of the year, the annual Christmas home decoration extravaganza! I will now make a point of coming and touring your neighborhood in December, thanks to this excellent presentation of your part of Brooklyn!

2 jessicadarling { 04.07.09 at 6:59 pm }

Hey Diana,

wow, awesome podcast! The houses look roomy and beautiful, and the parks look so inviting- it definitely looks as serene as you say it is. The christmas music is a great touch, and your narrative tone is so fitting. Great job!

3 Galina Aynbund { 04.07.09 at 10:14 pm }

Diana,
I loved your podcast! You are so right about the Christmas decorations- when I was younger, I used to always go to Dyker Heights to see the beautifully decorated houses. I thought it was very effective to not have any background music playing for the first half of the podcast when you talk about how it is a quite neighborhood, and then have the music playing as you talk about the holidays. This really put me in the holiday spirit!

4 Cathy Huang { 04.19.09 at 11:37 am }

Hi Diana,

I live relatively close to Dyker Heights and I visited that area before, and I agree, the Christmas decorations are amazing! It’s a great sight especially at night and I love taking pictures of the decorations when I pass by. Like Jessica and Galina said, the Christmas music you added and your clear voice made the video very enjoyable and impressive. Great job!

5 alex { 04.21.09 at 1:31 pm }

Diana,
I have been to Dyker Heights numerous times and found that your portrayal of the neighborhood was very accurate and convincing. You are absolutely correct that Dyker Heights is most interesting during Christmas time when all of the decorations are up. Seeing that alone makes the neighborhood worth visiting.