Eportfolio Account

If you are new to the Eportfolio system, there are a few things you might want to do before you start creating interesting posts, commenting on your classmates posts, and begin planning your group projects.

1) Go to “My Sites” on the top left of the screen, in the gray menu bar. Select our class website, and then “Dashboard.” In the upper right hand corner of the Dashboard view, click on your name ( you’ll see: “Howdy, [Your Name]”). Select your full name (ex: “Emily Sherwood”) from the drop-down menu next to “Display name publicly as.” This is important because you want your posts to be signed with your full name, not your username.

2) On the same screen, you may also change your password to protect the privacy of your account.  You can also change your password by selecting the “My Account” drop down on the top left hand corner of the screen (in the gray bar menu bar) and selecting “Settings.”

3) Change your Avatar, preferably to a nice head-shot of you, by selecting the “My Account” drop down on the top left hand corner of the screen (in the gray bar menu bar) and selecting “Profile” and then “Change Avatar.”  You can then upload/crop a picture that will travel around with you on site.