Carnegie Hall String Quartet: Expression/Atmosphere

The expressions of the musicians on stage represented their passion and connection to the music that was being played. It was obvious to everybody how powerful the performance was, especially when observing the musicians themselves and their facial expressions. The two gentlemen playing the violin were the most interesting for me to watch, due to their intense facial expressions and body language. Each man responded so forcefully to the music, to the point where the bows were being flung around. The extreme footwork and leg movements also stood out to me  and it was almost as if I was watching a dance. The other two musicians displayed significantly less facial expressions and body language, which could understandably be because of the instruments they were holding. Furthermore, the atmosphere of Carnegie Hall greatly contributed to the feel of everything that was happening on stage. The simple, yet elegant stage was perfect for the performance, as it didn’t allow the audience to get easily distracted. This simple, yet appealing background created an atmosphere in which the music could be genuinely appreciated to the fullest.