Blog Post 6

I don’t really listen to a lot of music besides rap and hip hop but one piece of music I have listened to in the past several months is Seven Nation Army by The White Stripes but I mostly hear it performed marching band style so no words. They played this song a lot at my high school’s assemblies and the marching band would always come out and do it. At first, I didn’t have an image in my head or anything when I heard this piece, and I just thought that it sounded really cool but then I heard it in a different context because it was used in the Battlefield 1 trailer so now whenever I hear the song I think about war and see it as a much more dark song. The piece itself however gives me a sense of empowerment and strength. If I had to associate this music with colors I would go with black and white I think mainly because since the song is associated with WW1, it feels like it’s more of a nostalgic and ancient thing, so black and white seems most fitting. Whenever I hear this song I have the urge to pump my fist in the air like I’m at a rock concert because that song is really good and so is Battlefield 1, so I gotta pay homage.

Published by

One thought on “Blog Post 6”

1. Seven Nation Army is one of my favorite songs as well. Have you ever listened to the Postmodern Jukebox version of the song? I personally think Postmodern Jukebox does the piece best, but the marching band version is nice as well. Nice post!