Hi Everyone!

My name is Lisa Huang and I’m from Queens, born and raised. I did live in Shanghai, China for four years when I was little but I hardly have any memories of that time of my life. Much of the influence from those years carries with me in my ability to speak both Shanghainese and Mandarin which cpictureomes in pretty handy during family Skype sessions and helping strangers with directions on the 7 train.

My first love was reading. I grew up a block away from a branch of the Queens library, so I spent a lot of fond hours there. The most enjoyable books I find are any that make me redetermine my perspective on a subject or makes me shed a few tears. I also love rollerblading, handball, and tennis even though I’m only slightly capable at all of them. In the past few years I’ve also found a love for running and volunteering.

I did take a NYC history course in high school where we talked a lot about Robert Moses’ influence to the city and also did a neighborhood project. My group ended up presenting a food tour of Jackson Heights. I’m very excited to take this course and learn more about New York City from a different perspective.