Daniel Obeng

I am an electrical engineering major and a studio art minor (possible major) at the City College of New York. I was born in Ghana, lived there for about 16 years, then moved to New York; I currently live in the Bronx. Although I am not planning to visit anytime soon, I might relocate back to Ghana sometime after retirement (and Yes! I know that is a long shot). My hobbies include skateboarding, table tennis, soccer and basketball. And I love to draw; which may or may not turn into a career based on how my studio art minor/major goes (I would like to be an illustrator or a concept artist). I also have a passion for electronic devices, lights and all forms of technology, hence, my electrical engineering major. I hope to find an overlap between electrical engineering and studio art; although I haven’t been successful so far (any suggestions would be appreciated). I hope this class will help me to put my own immigration story into perspective as well as the migration of all the other cultures that makes New York City so unique.