Anna Chen

1479368_10153486347340346_637688991_n

Hi, I’m Anna. I am currently a student at Hunter College. I am very much undecided on my major, but recently became interested in learning more about Business, and so I am taking a couple of courses at Baruch College. I hope to find something that I can genuinely be interested in. I spent 18 years on Long Island, NY, but I definitely enjoy the city life over the suburbs. I enjoy learning about fitness and health, swimming, reading, and most of all – eating.

A little bit of family background: Both of my parents are from China. They both immigrated to the United States when they were about 20 years old, just looking to better their lives. They had me and my sister a few years later, and we moved out to Long Island. Although I am not an immigrant, my parents are, and that has had its influences. I speak to them in our FuZhou Chinese dialect at home. They like to stick to the Chinese culture and values, and so at times there is a discord between the ways in which we see things. But I will always appreciate the fact that I have had opportunities in my life that my parents never had.