Introducing Mariana!!!

Hey guys!

My name is Mariana Gurevich and I’m from Brooklyn. I was the first person in my family to be born in the United States because my family immigrated here 20+ years ago from Belorussia. I just graduated from Stuyvesant High School, and I’m extremely excited for the next four years. I really want to explore all the career possibilities open to us, and find a job that I will truly enjoy. As for right now, I enjoy keeping a busy schedule during the school year by working two jobs.

Enough with the serious stuff though because I’d much rather share with you guys what I like to do in my free time. I love to explore the city, and go on long walks. Cobble Hill and Brooklyn Heights are really nice neighborhoods, and have beautiful brownstones that cost mucho dinero($$$). These neighborhoods also have beautiful views of the water and adorable store fronts.

I also enjoy cooking, and always love trying new recipes. One of my favorite things to make this summer were grilled banana smores. Everyone needs to try this recipe, it’s honestly amazing: http://www.sheknows.com/food-and-recipes/articles/1004749/grilled-banana-smores-recipe

I’ve also been playing piano for seven years, and really enjoy listening to music. Youtube is a great place to find tons of songs, as well as an abyss of varied videos that can distract me for hours. I’m also a big fan of television sitcoms from the 90’s like Full House, Saved by the Bell and Blossom.

90s

In the summertime, I also enjoy playing tennis and swimming in the pool. I’ve also gained an interest in running recently, and ran my first 5K this summer. The Color Run was super fun and I hope to run another race sometime.

Running

The girl alongside me in the picture is my sister. We don’t really look alike, but we like to spend time together. She is currently attending NYU Dental which is three blocks away from the Baruch campus. We’re both freshman and have two interesting journeys ahead of us.

Overall, I can’t wait to get to know everyone else in my classes and am positive that my time at Baruch will be fantastic.