Metamorphosis Exhibition

For my Metamorphosis exhibition, I chose a theme that came to me over the weekend that has not been discussed during class. My theme is the way the book and dance went from the family relying on Gregor to supply all there needs, to Gregor relying completely on the family to take care of him. The problem was, the favor was not returned to Gregor in his time of need.

My first picture shows friends relying on one another which reminded me of the way the family relied on Gregor. They expected him to supply for them without giving him much in return. Clearly, it was a one way street. Every time Gregor entered the house he went straight to his pocket and gave his dad the money. Thus, the family was able to sleep happily due to Gregor’s hard work.

Now, as TIME passed by, the tides turned and the reliance was flipped. Gregor, as a useless bug had to rely on the family for survival. A bug cannot survive on its own without using others resources, especially a giant cockroach. But, the wallets were empty. Not only were the wallets empty, but the family did not put in all their effort to ensure Gregor’s survival. In my last photo, the bug, signifying Gregor, has perished due to lack of care from his family.

Credit: Nicollete Belitsis, Jake Greenberg, Michael Mamiye, Joleen Moy