Metamorphosis Part 3: Mini Exhibition

For my exhibition of Metamorphosis, I chose to show the story through the eyes of Gregor’s sister, Grete.  Grete undergoes her own metamorphosis in the story, going from a young girl to a mature young lady, and it is ultimately her attitude that ends Gregor for once and for all.  For Grete, the story begins with routine (pic 1).  The next picture represents her initial shock/fear of her brother.  Picture 3 is Gregor locked away from her and the rest of the family.  The winding staircase represents her confusion of how to act as a sister.  The long hallway filled with books symbolizes how long and draining the whole episode has been on Grete.  Finally, the last picture represents “the end”, as Grete gives up on Gregor and becomes her own person.

Metamorphosis Part 3: Mini Exhibition — 2 Comments

1. From your exhibition, i gained a new perspective on the book. I never thought to look at it through Grete’s eyes. Her thought process is not one that is exemplified in the book, but it is definitely an important factor of the book after seeing your post. Not only did Gregor go through a metamorphosis, Grete too, experienced a tough change.
    From the play she seemed to innocent and mature for her young age. As the book went on her innocence grew along with her maturity, but it may have been to much for her to handle. She had a lot on her plate and it cannot be expected of her to take care of Gregor and the family’s problems. In the beginning she did the best she can to take care of Gregor, but it was understandably to hard. She then started to focus on her own life and turned from an amazing girl into an amazing woman.

2. Miguel Oroberg, this is really cool and different as you gave a description of each photo in your summary (all of which made sense in line with the story). It is also nice that you only used one photo of a person so that you gave intimate objects or views specific meanings. I do wish that you used Diana’s picture or another girls photo rather than Nick’s photo since your focus is on Grete. Other than that I really like how you showed a human metamorphosis rather than Gregor’s more obvious metamorphosis into an insect.