Mini Exhibition – The Metamorphosis

IMG_1002-768x1024                       Picture 1

photo (11)                        IMG_1030

IMG_20130824_143650_647                                     

For my mini exhibition, I wanted to focus on the dark, the gloomy, the mundane. Reading about what was, essentially, Gregor’s imprisonment in his own room gave me the impression of a dark, gloomy place with very little to do besides crawl all over the walls and listen to his family through the walls. Sure, he was “visited” by the charwoman on a regular basis, and he escaped once, but aside from that, he had nothing to do except lurk in his room and occasionally look out the window. I imagine that such an existence would be dark and depressing, and after a time, frustrating. I kept waiting for Gregor to transform back into a human, and I got frustrated the longer he remained a bug.

Mini Exhibition – The Metamorphosis — 1 Comment

1. I think the placement of the darkest photos last was apt because it caused the viewer to see a sort of ombre as the eye scanned the photos. The chosen theme is also well thought through as it is supported by evidence in both the play and the text, and most importantly through the expanse of photos to choose from to present.