Creative Project #3

My final image embodies the themes of shadow, blood, and the plague from Nosferatu. The first image is the shadow of a hand, which represents Nosferatu’s power in the world. I chose to make it specifically a hand because there’s a saying “the world in my hands,” and I think it fully expresses the importance of both shadows and Nosfeartu’s power. Next, there are streams of red food coloring that spell out the word “Blood.” I placed that in second to show the effect Nosfeartu has in the world, bloodshed everywhere. Finally, the image of the clock with the world map represents the plague because it shows how it affects everyone all over the world, taking away the time they have left to live. I placed the image of the watch in the fingertips of the shadow to express how Nosferatu is causing a worldwide disease or plague, and time is of essence.

Collage0031Final Image

As for the destruction of the image, I tried to characterize how Nosferatu was destroyed. After the final image, everything kind of goes dark, which represents his presence, and then the shadow of a woman appears. When the light is completely erased, there is a brief moment of distortion, which signifies Nina’s loss of innocence. But after that, her shadow reappears, along with specs of light. The specs show that hope is restored, everyone is safe again, and Nosferatu has been defeated.

nosferatu-animation gif

Creative Project #3 — 3 Comments

1. That is so cool! Really gave me the feeling that I was in Nosferatu. Totally embodied the feeling in such a short amount of time! Bravo!

2. I have to say, the “blood” is really creepy (in a good way!). I think you were able to really express the themes in Nosferatu well. I liked the ending of the gif where Nina was first being overcome by darkness but then she was able to persevere and end up bringing light and hope.

3. Wow, nice job! I really liked the use of blood and the shadows in your animation. I think you compiled it in a way that really connected back to Nosferatu.