Creative Project 3 – Shixu Zheng

I chose longing, darkness, and power as three motifs in my animation. I took my background picture downstairs my apartment during the sunset. When I edited the pictures, I followed the storyline of the film Nosferatu in which two lovers are separate from each other and the heroine is jeopardized by the vampire. The dark background represents the setting of the whole story and the full heart symbolizes the complete love of the two main characters. The heart breaks into two parts because two people are separate far away from each other. The blinking hand and the red eyes demonstrate the power and evilness of the vampire. The left part of the heart fades and stays at the top left corner of the picture and the other part becomes a broken heart with a male face with longing eyes that depicts the desire to re-unite with his love. However, he keeps wandering and loses his way at the bottom right corner. With his evil mind, the vampire finds the girl (the semi-transparent heart on top left) and finally kills her as the broken heart plummets into the blood river. The vampire dies too. The blood submerges the two characters and everything fades into white. Everyone is gone. It’s a tragedy full of darkness and creepiness..

animation

I used blinking to add some dramatic effects and intense feelings in my animation to make it creepy and dark. I should give credits to Tina Shen because she draws the broken heart with my face for me and it perfectly fits into my motif of longing. The final image consists of every element I used; it represents the time when the vampire tries to reach the girl while the male is still lost in his way. I hope you guys won’t be scared, especially by the creepy red eyes.

71

Creative Project 3 – Shixu Zheng — 6 Comments

1. Wow! While I am a little creeped out (of course in a good way) after watching that, I am so impressed. To me it really embodied the feel of Nosferatu as well as The Nose and Metamorphosis. I hope you like my animation as much as I like yours!

2. My first thought was: wow! I really liked how you tore the heart into two and moved the pieces to opposite sides of the picture. The tears are really well done, as well as the hand that’s reaching for his love. The colors all go really nicely together and depict the darkness perfectly. Great job!

3. Awesome job! I think the effects were brilliant. The transformation of the half heart into a portrait was great. I think the mid-phase collage is amazing.