Creative Project #3 – Theatrical Storytelling: Nosferatu: Innate Fear

Brought to you by: Andrew Chen, Kevin Cheng, Cheng Dong

Cheng’s day begins like any other boring day, until he begins to think about scary things. This fear is only in his imagination, or is it….

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8V3fB5dW71c&feature=youtu.be

Citations:
WEERCK. “Jaws Theme Song.” Youtube. Youtube, 23 January 2011. Web. 17 November 2013.

Creative Project #3 – Theatrical Storytelling: Nosferatu: Innate Fear — 3 Comments

1. I really liked the story of your project and the use of the camera lens as the perspective you see the story from. In a way I’m left wondering whose eyes we were viewing Cheng’s demise from. Could it have been a friend? Or a more sinister monster? Either way you choose to think about it, I think its a very clever way of showing horror. I also thought each cut to a scary picture was effective. Looking back, even though it caught me off guard each time, the pictures were always in time with the music.

2. I liked your concept but I feel like your delivery could have been a little better. One thing that bugged me was the screen ratio. I do not know what happened there, but I felt a little annoyed that I cannot see much. Maybe that was intentional but I just did not get that. I did like the effects though. When you got into the elevator and the screen turned negative color, it was a surprise. I like how your video kept catching me of guard. Cheng’s face was the best part at the end.

3. Good job. I enjoyed this. The “just a boring day” really felt like it was a boring day. Libraries, the setting, the atmosphere really made it seem like so. What really caught me off guard was the pictures you placed in between. Not just a boring day, anymore now is it? The photo of the baby really scared me. Probably because of the irony – we expect babies to be cute and cuddly, yet this one had dangerous teeth! Really good job!

Janice Fong