Escalate

Escalate

By Aishwarya Bhatia, Jeremy Brown and Austin Fischer.

[This video is a screenrecorded version – we were having trouble with iMovie and got repeated errors, so we screenrecorded the video as it played on the computer.  Hopefully, we can replace the current version with a higher quality version in the near future.]

Escalate — 4 Comments

1. I really enjoyed your short horror film and thought it was well executed. I thought you did a really good job with the lighting and sound effects. The use of different filters created a mysterious and creepy effect. I also liked the cuts back and forth between the dorm hallways and the street. In addition, Jeremy’s face was actually really scary and creepy. When he was whispering, I was freaking out. I was definitely scared by your project.

2. I agree with what my peers have said. The lighting and jump cuts were so effective. I actually moved away from my computer screen. The filming showed a lot of different techniques as well. I was left wondering, “How did they get that shot of the foot tapping? I wonder how many takes it took?” I was in such suspense that I thought once the person had arrived on the 2nd floor, Jeremy was going to fly out from behind the Starbucks area. That’s a credit to how well done the horror was in this film.

3. No doubt you did a splendid job with your video. I especially liked the sudden changes in scenes. I like how you were able to utilize different screen effects to better the horror effects in your movie. I can’t say that I liked the sounds of your film, but I loved your pictures. And I agree with those above me, Jeremy’s face was really creepy from a specific angle.