© 2013 Grace Tsui

Day#10 Lotte World! & a Short Visit to Itaewon

Today started out late, so I just spent the morning reading literature for class. I also woke up a little later since there is no class anyways. It was about a 40 minute ride from Sinchon to Jamsil (Lotte World stop), but luckily we didn’t need to transfer. My friend met up with her friend’s friend, friends all over the place! and she basically lead us through Lotte World. It was like a small Disney land, and we were able to get a discount for a 1day special, and the park is open until 11pm. However, we only stayed until ~7:30 and paid 39,600 won. It’s also like a Six Flags, because the lines were long, but I thought it was worth it. We rode a few and it was really fun! There is a girl on our group that screamed whenever we went up those things, because she worried that it was a big drop! It was funny, haha, but somethings really did make me scream. I love the thrill! We went on the Conquistador (boat swinging thing), Log Flume, a story like~ ride, an awesome small free fall ride, and then an even more awesome and beautiful free fall ride!  There are also many attractions inside like the Trick Eye Museum, and parades, and shows. We were able to see part of the show, and the colors were really nice. I had a really tasty peach tea, for 3,000 won and the snacks there mostly did not jip you off. The food places were also not too expensive, maybe only a dollar or two more, when you find the right ones on a different floor. It was quite eventful and just nice. Everything makes me want to come back to Seoul, and its a plus because I know where some of the really good attractions are!

We left Lotte World, hoping to see Simon and Martina from Eat Your Kimchi (youtube famous) in Itaewon, but we got lost and when we found the place, it was late. I didn’t really like Itaewon because it felt like I was back in USA… I would like to be in Korea while I’m in Korea, but there was just a ton of foreigners around. My friend also sprained her ankle :'(. The floors sometimes have mini potholes in them, and she happened to step in one. She had to keep her shoes off, but there was a nice guy who saw that she was hurt and got some balm to rub around the injury. Pray for her to get well soon! It’s hard enough being somewhere other than home, but for an adventurous girl like her, its worse when she can’t go out to explore Seoul. Hopefully, she will heal very quickly with ice, rest, and pain reliever! We took the bus home and took turns carrying her in some difficult areas. We even stopped at a mart by the dorm to have some ice cream! I bought some Shin Ramyun and ate one! Sorry guys, I wish I could upload videos here. It was a really fun-filled day. Pray for my friend!

One thing I forgot to talk about yesterday were these really smart inventions for the blind! The floor has a pattern which they follow and when you get to an intersection or to cross the street, a different pattern appears!

Advice:

-When you fly to Korea, bring some snacks and drinks for the night time in a separate luggage. If you have it at home, it just helps you save some money. Those filtered water things have hot water too in our dorm, so we got lucky! Bring Fiber bars!

– Spend a full day at Lotte World! From morning til night, basically like a Disney & Six Flags. It’s also family friendly for small children! Be careful though, it’s also super couple land!

– It’s hard to be careful where you step at night since it’s already so dark. So be prepared! Friends will definitely help you to the best of their abilities. Get some ice, some balm,  ace bandages, and pain reliever. Don’t be afraid to ask for help!

-Be quiet on the buses and subways. These people are like super quiet to the point we had to whisper. The bus lady also was like “Please, voice down.”

Pictures:

From now on, Pictures will be on this link:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/47230345@N04/sets/72157634514999332/

which is to my flickr account, set Seoul. It’s new, and if you don’t feel like reading the blog, feel free to look at the photos and videos there! It’s because I have limited space on this Macaulay account 🙁 Whyyyyyyy would they do such a thing?!?! Sorry 🙁 I will still up load a few here as main ones, but there is a lot in that link!

I’m an angel~

Welcome to Lotte World!

Lotte World!

Waterrr pouring on me 🙁 Trick Eye Museum!
Banana split dippin dots from a mart close by :9

Post a Comment

Your email is never published nor shared. Required fields are marked *

*
*

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>