© 2013 Grace Tsui

Day#15 &16 Class, Chicken, Night Out, 63Building (AWESOME)

Day#15: Sorry guys, we were out late last night so I didn’t write anything. I had some ramyun for lunch along with gogi mandu, and it was super good. It was also in the New Millenium Cafeteria and then we headed to class. We had a quiz where there was one very tricky question. Class was same and good. We are learning greetings in Korean class, and I have a nice class. Afterwards, we went for chicken and beer in Sinchon where a friend took us. CHIMAEK IS SOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOOD. No wonder why they have Mad for Chicken and Bonchon in Northern Boulevard. IT IS DELICIOUS, and it’s funny because we used two forks to get the chicken off the bone. I loved it! My friend actually tried one of the couple games and won a prize. Then, we went to Edae for a little bit to kill some time and for the girls to do a bit of shopping again. I saw a nice pair of wedges that I may be interested in, but I’m still thinking of how to spend the rest of my money. I will buy things at the end! Afterwards, we got casual drinks at BOSS and just talked and played games. It was a nice night and it helped some people sleep better. We also had a waffle dessert in between, because apparently waffles are very popular in Korea. Before going home, we tried the McDonalds here. The fries were yummy and fresh~. My friend also had the Bulgogi Burger, and it was different than a regular hamburger. The rain hasn’t been good to us!

Day#16: Woke up late today, so went out for brunch and cafe time, to wait for the others to be free. In 15 minutes, I was able to take a full shower, shave my legs, brush my teeth, and change! It has to be like a world record! I had the abiko curry noodle today and it was so filling! It was only 5,000 won. I also have seen my love for pickled radish and kimchi…. it is so good. They have cute stuff in the windows like Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, and Doraemon characters. We went to Cafe Arvo to do some work and have some hot drinks until 3pm. I had a Green Tea Latte, and it was nice and warm. It was raining all day today, so it was terrible. However, we went to the 63 building near Yeoinaru, and it was amazing in there! We ended up buying a combo ticket for 32,000 won to go to the Sky Art (Art on the 60th floor & to see the skyline, but rain ruined it) , to go to the Sea World (a very nice aquarium),  and then the final amazing SHOW at 8pm, the Marionette Show by Expression Crew ( a b-boy team). The aquarium felt better than the COEX aquarium, but both are pretty good. I love aquariums anyway, so both were good. Maybe because we were here earlier, so the animals were still awake. It was smaller than COEX, but we saw nonlazy penguins, seals, sea lions, etc. COEX had some cool things like the tunnel, but both had the doctor fish. There was also some cute things like a guinea pig with a bunny and a hedgehog with a sugar glider. The presentation was just somewhat prettier. There was also a portion where you stand above the fish and stingray stuff. We were able to see a short diving show. We spent a little more time looking around the 63 building, and on the second floor where the conference rooms are (the building is like office stuff upstairs), there was a wall with tubes that had roses in them. And they were beautiful, so we took some pics! Next, after our friend left, we went to sky art, which usually lets people see the skyline of Seoul, but the rain really ruined the view. There was some artsy stuff there.

Lastly, we went to see the show!  IT WAS THE BOOOOOOOMB. They are apparently very famous, and they included a lot of stuff in the show. The visuals were awesome and they did both classical and hiphop and old school songs. They also had things like the transformers, ghostbusters, star wars, play with silhouettes, and a puppetteer story. At the end, they had a beatbox session and freestyle session. When we left, they also allowed us to take pictures with them. The 63 building is a must visit place because of the aquarium and the show. Before the show, I had Kimchi Jiggae (stew) with pork. Ahh I just love it and the spice and the pickled kimchi/radish! When we came home, we stopped for ice cream at Baskin Robbins. It was a little too sweet though.

Advice:

– Bring wet towels with you because you never know when you need it!

– GO TO the 63 BUILDING! If they still have the show, but the aquarium was nice too 😀

-Go to a show while you’re in Seoul because they’re awesome. I might be biased because I love amazing dances. I want to see a musical!

Pictures:

See all the pictures here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/47230345@N04/

PIcture with some of the Marionette performers~!

Fried Chicken~!

Green Tea Latte at Cafe Arvo :9

Rain Buddies! My company for the 63 building!

cutie pies in the aquarium!

Post a Comment

Your email is never published nor shared. Required fields are marked *

*
*

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>