Sexy Chicas XOXO shout out art

Our New York City Tourist Guide

Introducing MOMA PS1

December7

MoMA PS1 is one of the largest institutions in the US dedicated solely to the contemporary art. It was founded by 1976 by Alanna Heiss. Its former name was PS1 Contemporary Art Center, but it changed its name when it formalized its affiliation with the Museum of Modern Art. The partnership has promoted the understanding and the growth of contemporary art to a wide audience. MOMA PS1 has produced a variety of adventurous and creative works of artists since its foundation.

After visiting the MoMA for the first time of my life, I became greatly interested in contemporary art. Although sometimes hard to understand and grab a meaning, contemporary art was a new genre to me and got my attention very easily. Because I ride 7 train every day for school, I always saw the MOMA PS1 building. I wondered what it was, and after a short googling, found out that it was an affiliate of the MOMA. Perfect! This museum fit my interest and it was close to my home. As I was planning to visit MoMA PS1, frankly I was expecting something less than the actual MOMA. After all, it’s “PS1.” However, this museum totally changed my perception. I’d say its value is equivalent, or I even dare to say better, to the MOMA.

I got off the train, and walked for about 5 minutes. I could find it easily, but I couldn’t find the actual entrance that I had to walk around the whole building. You can buy a ticket when you go into the middle of the building (It’s $5 for students by the way). On the right, there is a small bookstore and a cafeteria. As I go further in, I was eager to take pictures but sadly it was prohibited. Still, the vivid images of the arts still remain on my mind.

MOMA PS1 was full of art. It of course had contemporary art in general, most of them by new artists. It was more free and youthful compared to the MOMA. It was also less crowded, so I could actually relax and “enjoy” the arts. There were lots of sections about race and sex. I could see the pieces supported anti-war and pro-gay marriage, like most of all other art centers do.

(MOMA PS1 Bathroom)

This was so much more than I expected. I highly reccommend to those who are interested in contemporary art. It is a MUST-VISIT! They frequently change the exhibitions, so it’s never boring. I even found my new favorite artist in here, whom I will post up later.

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment: