Blurb 3 – from Rice to Riches

[display_podcast]

I was watching the movie Hitch a few days ago and noticed that at one point Eva Mendes eats with a friend at Rice to Riches. It is an eatery located on Spring Street. I have been there twice so far, and the experience only got better the second time. The restaurant sells rice pudding, but not the rice pudding you commonly see, I am talking about THE Rice pudding. The masters of all rice puddings. The eatery has a very modern look, and I when I first walked in, I had a similar feeling to that of when I walk  into an Apple Store.  Rice to Riches has a good amount of flavors to choose from as well. Popular names include Stubborn Banana, The Edge of Rum Raisin, Don’ Cappuccino, Coconut Coma, Chocolate Chip Flirt and many more. Notice that each flavor has it’s own creative twist. And the options do not end there. I was able to also pick from a wide range of toppings. They included coconut, vanilla sauce, and whip cream. Most importantly, this work of art can bring together an audience for a night made of rice pudding. The rest of the audience certainly loved the mix of coconut and stubborn banana. Rice to riches is a great place to eat, and the company was just another additive.

1 ploew { 12.07.09 at 8:34 pm }

First off, I really liked the opening song! You really learned how to master podcasts with the various tempos and jingles. I have passed by Rice to Riches but never went. “The Edge of Rum Raisin” sounds interesting but I can guess from your podcast that my favorite would be “Don’ Cappuccino.” Also, I love that you can add toppings like coconut and whip cream. I can’t wait to watch Blurb 4!

2 Jessica Lam { 12.07.09 at 10:25 pm }

Sounds so good! I’ve never been there. They have really creative names for their flavors. Your podcast made me want to go right now, and it seems like a really comfortable and nice restaurant.

3 Tiffany Wong { 12.07.09 at 11:21 pm }

I was always hesitant to try rice pudding since it really doesn’t seem so appetizing at first glance. I still remember the first time this dessert met my taste buds, though. It was a sudden, yet pleasant, surprise. I completely agree with you on the layout of the store also. It is so colorful and modern, I feel like it is impossible to feel any kind of negative emotions while in there. By the way, I love the ending of your podcast. Looks like they enjoyed the rice pudding as much as you did.

4 lhaviv { 12.08.09 at 12:57 pm }

I really am craving rice pudding right now. I have never heard of this place until I saw your blurb. I think I will go try it today or tomorrow. It is really cool how you got the idea from Hitch the movie. Will smith makes really memorable movies. I loved your video!!

5 Adam Hashemi { 12.09.09 at 2:05 am }

Rice has always been a popular food with my family; we have it with almost everything! I haven’t had rice pudding since I was younger, but I think it’s safe to say that I’m about to get my fix of some real soon.

6 wilsonjiang { 12.15.09 at 9:40 pm }

Yo, Rice to Riches is mad goood! “Master of all Rice Puddings” hahah. Their flavors are so creatively named and really makes you crave it every single time you hear it. You know what else is good? Banana pudding from Magnolia.

7 vivianlo { 12.17.09 at 6:22 pm }

OMG!!! I’m really glad I saw your podcast 😀 It’s always nice to find out about new places to eat.
Jason saw your video and says “hullo.”

8 Juan Mendez { 12.18.09 at 7:07 pm }

BANANA PUDDING FROM MAGNOLIA is AWESOME! I want the class to set up a date, and we have to get some. Hullo Jason!