Blurb 4- Christmas Spectacular

During the Holiday Season since I don’t celebrate Christmas I don’t really do anything other than enjoy the Christmas lights and decorations and take advantage of the holiday sales. This year however was different. One of my close friends had an extra ticket to the Radio City Christmas Spectacular. When she offered to take me I jumped at the opportunity.

That morning we took a tour of Rockefeller Center and saw this years beautiful tree. We walked around to take in the sights of Christmastime When it was time for the show we stood, all bundled up, on the long line that snaked around the block. When we entered the enormous hall, climbed the grand staircase, and wondered at the gorgeous interior, the huge stage and ceiling. The seats were roomy and comfortable, and arranged at an incline so that everyone in the house had a spectacular view. I know I did! Everything from the Nutcracker to the Parade of wooden soldiers was amazing. My favorite however was “Here Comes Santa Claus”. In this part Santa answers a letter from a little boy, and explains how he can deliver toys to all the little children over the world. As he dances, he becomes 5, 5 becomes 10, and so on and so on, until the stage is filled with dancing Santas! The overall experience was very fun and allowed me to experience a different culture.

1 Tiffany Wong { 12.08.09 at 10:56 pm }

It’s still the beginning of December, and with finals approaching, I haven’t even begun to think about Christmas but this really got me in the mood! I’ve never gone to see the Christmas Spectacular, although I am sure it is amazing. I’m glad you were able to experience Christmas in a way other than holiday sales and decorations (even though these sure are things to look forward to).

2 Ariella Levian { 12.08.09 at 11:56 pm }

I also don’t celebrate but I love all of the festivities so much!! Rockefeller Center during the Holiday season is always gorgeous and the Christmas Spectacular sounds like it was amazing!

3 Justin Koyithara { 12.09.09 at 2:55 am }

Definitely is my most favorite time of the year. If you guys listen closely you may be able to hear me singing or whistling some songs occasionally.

4 Angela Wu { 12.09.09 at 11:19 am }

Aw! It’s great to see a blurb that is dedicated to the holidays and the cheery time of the season! I’m very jealous, you sound like you had a lot of fun at Rockefeller!

5 ploew { 12.10.09 at 12:29 pm }

Christmas time is almost here! Like Angela said, it sounds like you had lots of fun! I went two years ago to Radio City and saw the Rockettes which was amazing.

6 Juan Mendez { 12.18.09 at 6:31 pm }

Holiday Sales! But more than that, the sights of Christmas time are much more enjoyable. Money can’t buy everything ( yes P. Loew), no money in the world could buy the experience one has of living in and simply walking around NYC at this time of the year. I went to the Rockettes show when I was 6 years old so I don’t remember much, but I will use those $65 Baruch is giving me back to go. =D

Great voice!

7 ploew { 12.18.09 at 7:06 pm }

JUAN SANCHEZ (NOT MENDEZ)…that was UNCALLED FOR!!! LOL First off, it is Philip Loew and regarding your post about money, we will have a chat later on about this haha