Last Blurb – The Meetles

1 dlin { 12.13.09 at 1:15 pm }

Sometimes real music comes out from ordinary people not super stars in the MTV channel. Where is that station? 14th ST Union Square. I feel like I’ve been there and heard them sing before, but just don’t remember when.

2 Tiffany Wong { 12.13.09 at 2:40 pm }

I really enjoyed this podcast, Juan. The Beatles, along with other music from the 60s and 70s, holds a special place in my heart, and every time I hear a street/ underground band playing one of their songs, I always feel inclined to stop and listen. Thank you for sharing your experience with the Meetles. After all, any band that pays tribute to the Beatles deserves a tribute of their own.

3 Angela Wu { 12.13.09 at 6:44 pm }

The song at the beginning is one of my favorites, and I completely agree with Daxin. Music played by people just like you and me can touch our hearts as much as those who are famous and on tv.

4 ploew { 12.13.09 at 11:12 pm }

I completely agree with Angela!!!!! I think the opening song is Here Comes the Sun by the Beatles. In fact, I am listening to it now on YouTube!!! Music is so precious and I think the Meetles is doing a great job in showing the arts in New York City! If only my dad playing the Beatles edition on his RockBand in his room sounded that good!!

5 Zoe Sheehan Saldana { 12.14.09 at 10:15 pm }

This is pretty tangential to your blurb but, when you mentioned that you watched & listened to the musicians with your family, it made me think about art as a social experience. Sharing the art experience with other people often has a strong impact on me and my ideas or feelings about the art, and my ideas or feelings about the people I’m with! I often prefer experiencing art by myself, where I can get lost in it. But it can be great to see things with other people as the experience binds the group together, giving the group something to share.

For your family to stop in a subway station and spend an hour listening to music together sounds like such a delightful, unique experience. I’m particularly glad that you could then turn that into your schoolwork.

6 wilsonjiang { 12.15.09 at 9:04 pm }

The song at the end, ‘Imagine’ by John Lennon, is so touching because I guess it’s a song that we can all relate to. I can’t believe your family stayed for over an hour underground listening to them, but I’m sure many people have too. If I get lucky enough and see them performing, I think I will stay for a long time too because time flies when listening to and reminiscing good music.

7 Muhammad Javed { 12.17.09 at 11:14 pm }

Really cool man. I remember our amazing time at the Highline Ballroom. You made something ordianry seem extraordinary, whether it be The Beatles, The Meetles or anything else.