Blurb 3 – Uniqlo

[display_podcast]

Originating from Japan, Uniqlo is one of the growing stores in SoHo. When you walk in, you are greeted by a unique yet mind-blowing display that changes all the time. It is full of creativity in its own funky way and unlike anything you will ever see, reminding me of Lady Gaga’s sense of style. The layout of the store is neat and simple yet sophisticated. Their clothes are stacked according to color and its very pleasing to the eye though I don’t really know what colors they are. However, that changes because on their tags, it tells you the color of the clothing, making my life much easier. Their t-shirts have popular Anime characters on them from Japan such as Detective Conan. Uniqlo also features collaborations with different Japanese and American artists such as Keith Haring, who is known for his cool American popart designs. Overall, Uniqlo serves as a great outlet culturally while providing basic essentials at affordable prices.

1 Tiffany Wong { 12.15.09 at 11:56 pm }

UNIQLO!!! When I heard this is your favorite clothing store, I wasn’t surprised at all haha. I never bought anything from this store but I absolutely love going in there for its organized and colorful selections. Going to Uniqlo makes me happy. 😀

2 ploew { 12.16.09 at 12:21 am }

UNIQLO! haha Like Tiffany said, this is one of your favorite stores…maybe because we went with you!!! Anways, this store is really fascinating because not only does it have cool interior designs and a nice elevator in addition to heat warming shirts and pants, the colors are truly aesthetically pleasing to the eyes! Even though I never bought anything here, it was quite worth the trip to see this colorful store!

3 shussain { 12.16.09 at 2:34 pm }

Wow! I’ve never heard of a store like that. Its interesting how a store can become an aesthetic event for all.

4 Joseph Han { 12.16.09 at 7:59 pm }

Hahaha Philip…no it’s his favorite store because he is confident in telling the colors apart 😀 But I do like this store a lot too because of their great selection of clothing which happens to have them in almost every color.

5 Juan Mendez { 12.17.09 at 10:08 pm }

I really liked this store as well. It was well organized, filled with fun colors, and it definitely took a creative mind to set up and design the store. I also appreciate the sales they had, and regret not buying that colorful shirt you suggested I buy. =\

6 sjiang { 12.17.09 at 10:16 pm }

I was first introduced to UNIQLO by Daxin, but I have to agree I love the store too and their selection of pens!