Serendipity3- Blurb 3

[display_podcast]

Lets say you just so happen to be on the Upper East Side, craving for that delicious decadent warm chocolate melting in your mouth but you do not know where to fulfill your desire. Well, fear not, Serendipity3 on East 60th Street is a popular attraction for tourists and was once and still is, a celebrity hotspot for many.  Opened in 1954 by Stephen Bruce, this place has many amenities- desserts, a full menu including hot dogs and sandwiches, as well a convenient gift shop offering books of recipes and many other neat, small trinkets. However, like many other places, this popular place is not cheap by any means. Their signature “Frozen Hot Chocolate,” ten dollars and one of their most popular items, is known for its delicious milkshake like quality. It tastes like a hot chocolate, but it indeed cold as- the name implies, topped with whipped cream and chocolate shavings. Not only does this place priced pretty highly, it has the celebrity list to prove it. Frequent regulars in the past include Andy Warhol, a regular customer, and First Lady Jackie O. To add the final icing on the cake and to add to the already demanding prices, Serendipity is home to the most expensive dessert. At a cool one thousand dollars, you could get the world’s most expensive sundae. What makes up this extreme creation? 5 scoops of Tahitian Vanilla Bean ice cream, Madagascar vanilla covered in 23K edible gold leaf, the most expensive chocolate- Amedei Porcelana, covered with addition chunks of Chuao chocolate, and cocoa beans harvested on the Caribbean Sea. It is then suffused with exotic candied fruits from Paris, Marzipan Cherries, and a glass bowl of golden color Grand Passion Caviar. To top it off, this dessert is only eaten in a crystal goblet and an 18K gold spoon, a petite mother of pearl spoon, and topped with a decorated sugar flower. So, save up and enjoy this wonderful, blissful opportunity only found at Serendipity3.

1 Ke Jiang { 11.17.09 at 8:37 pm }

I heard about that one thousand dollars dessert. It was featured on the CW11 morning news at one point.
I really like your choice of music for this podcast, especially the ending song.
I think even if I saved up enough money to buy it, I wouldn’t have the heart to eat such a beautiful art masterpiece!

2 Ariella Levian { 11.18.09 at 1:45 am }

Now I don’t know which place I should try first, Max Brenners or Serendipity?!?!?! This place sounds amazing and it’s cool that you included some history in it such as the famous people who frequently visited it. I’ve also never heard of anything like the $1000 sundae before…it sounds breathtaking and exotic!