Stuck at the JFK

Dec 27 2010

I woke up at 8 AM on December 26th to find out my flight leaving from LGA was cancelled. It is Decmeber 27, almost 1:30 PM, and I am stuck at JFK.

I used to like airports, that feeling disappeared yesterday morning. I got to LGA around 10:30 because i was on hold on phone for 2 hours trying to reschedule my flight. I thought talking to an actual person would be easier than talking to a machine. I got to LGA in ten minutes, only to wait online for 2 hours to talk to someone, and another hour to get my flight rescheduled. I knew taking a 10:30 PM flight from JFK was a chance with a blizzard outside, but I wanted at least 2 days in Buenos Aires, and this would get me there on Monday afternoon. It is now Monday afternoon and I am waiting in baggage claim.

I waited in the blizzard for a taxi to JFK, and once i got there it was pretty much a whiteout outside. I was surprised planes were even flying in this weather, but they were. I kept thinking my flight would be delayed, so you can imagine how happy i was when my bags were checked in, I went through security, and was waiting at the gate with my boarding pass. About 10 minutes before we were scheduled to board, the flight got delayed until 9 am in the morning. Sleeping on a cold metal chair is tough, I’m just glad we had blankets, and I was lucky enough to find a spot off the floor.

I never really slept but took a couple of short naps. When I woke up around 7 AM, I found out the airport wouldn’t open until noon. The airline gave us food vouchers but getting food was craziness in itself. I waited on line for 2 hours for McDonalds. I never thought I would wait so long for a snack wrap.

Talking to everyone around me, I found out the airport wasn’t set to reopen until 6 PM. So, I’m basically here until 10:30 tonight again. Hopefully, I make it to Buenos Aires tomorrow afternoon. I’m crossing my fingers for now.

One response so far

1. Mumminiiii =)
    I can so imagine you typing this angrliy haha. Dont worry!! By this time tomorrow you will be in warm weather, eating real meals, and showing off your pedicure haha 🙂 No more blankets or boots loll