Open Letter to Ripley’s

Dear Staff of Ripley’s Believe It or Not,

I have always wanted to go to your attraction in Times Square, since I first heard about it in middle school. However, I have never had the time to. However, that is not the issue here. The two things that are really keeping me from going to Ripley’s is that the tickets, one, are too expensive, especially for a single person; two, some of the exhibits and artifacts are outdated, even though I heard there is about five hundred something exhibits and artifacts in there; and three, since it is located smack down in the middle of Times Square and has two floors, it may not be possible to fill a lot of people. These are the main changes that I want to see, and the people that created this attraction have the power to make it happen.

I remember one time when I was in Times Square. Two years ago, I went to the movies with my friends. We were just walking around the neighborhood until we see people crowding around the entrance of Ripley’s. We checked the prices of the tickets, and we saw that the cost of one ticket alone is under twenty-four dollars, which is definitely not worth it. That is probably because it is considered a museum, so the tickets are supposed to be expensive. However, a lot of us cannot afford to pay twenty-four dollars for a ticket, especially if we really want to go in. This just does not make any sense.

My other concern has to do with the fact that some of the exhibits and artifacts are outdated. From what I heard, there were some exhibits from approximately one hundred years ago, and I do not think people do not want to be amazed by that. I understand that you guys want people to see weird and cool exhibits from a long time ago so that they can recognize the history of Ripley’s as a whole. However, I believe that people, especially the ones that have already visited Ripley’s, want to see new exhibits, as in things that we have not seen before. That way, the museum would not just be a breeze for people; instead, they would actually enjoy it and be astounded by the things in life that we consider very strange.

My very last concern is the fact that the museum is only two floors, so it can be very challenging to put a lot of people inside. Since there are so many people and tourists that want to go to Ripley’s, they would end up making a long line, and they would have to wait for their turns to see all the exhibits and artifacts inside. I might be crazy, but I really think it would be better if you guys moved to another location, perhaps somewhere where you can make a bigger space and put more exhibits and artifacts. That way, you guys are able to fit more people in.

In conclusion, I just feel like you guys need to make some major changes to the museum if you want to attract many people, not just the tourists. Do not get me wrong, Ripley’s is a fun attraction to go to when we are not busy. However, it needs to be better and more engaging.

Sincerely,

Franklin Morel

Resources:

https://ripleysnewyork.com/buy-tickets/

https://www.yelp.com/biz/ripleys-believe-it-or-not-time-square-new-york