All throughout the week I was expecting to see something that was more traditionally considered to be dance, while keeping in mind that we were warned that it might be different than we were used to. I did not particularly like the performance, which may have to do with the fact that I did not understand the historical allusions that the performers made. I wish there could have been more dance involved with the piece, since it was apparent the performers were actual dancers. When the performers did move, there seemed to be a fluidity that was quite enjoyable.

Any resemblance of dance was overshadowed by the explicit readings and uncomfortable references to what I interpreted to be rape or some form of assault. This part of the performance was extremely uncomfortable for me, as it seemed to last for far too long and was extremely loud. In hindsight, I assume this was intentional to represent the suffering that the victim endures, but as a listener it seemed to never end. There were also parts of the performance that I was not expecting to be very explicit, to the point where it seemed distasteful. I was prepared for a sexually physical performance, so when it was more verbally explicit it caught me off guard in a sense. As I stated before, I also did not understand a number of the historical references which took away from the performance for me.

I enjoyed the end of the performance, when the three men danced in the lobby where we entered. Unimportant as it seemed, the ending left me relatively satisfied by having seem something that considered an organized dance and topped off the show well.

Glenn Collaku