What We Feel and What We Mean

Savage Vid.

Here she be.

1 Joseph Ugoretz { 09.05.11 at 3:39 pm }

Not just a comment on art, or response to art, but your response itself becomes a new work of art. As we go on, let’s be sure to talk about how and why artists choose their media–why this kind of response works, or when it works, and how.

2 Michael Pérez { 09.06.11 at 11:27 pm }

Easily the most entertaining video. Its really interesting that you chose the lion of lucerene, have you ever been? Have you notices that the outline of the entire “cave” looks like a pig/warhog/boar?

3 Christina Oros { 09.07.11 at 10:44 pm }

This is very impressive video. I really enjoyed your use of different forms of media to convey your feelings about art. It’s very interesting how you were influenced by the Lion of Lucerne, as the statue commemorates a story of courage and passion. I think it says a lot about your character and nature.

4 Natasha { 09.08.11 at 1:46 am }

I wanted to touch open your choice of music for the video–particularly “Comptine d’un autre été” from the movie Amelie (which is amazing, by the way). I feel like the track itself is very moving in itself. Having this music playing in the background as you spoke about the Lion of Lucerne really compounded the effect of the whole video.

5 Aniqa Bari { 09.08.11 at 3:36 am }

I really like the creativity in this video. I can see your obvious passion for creating animations and music. How do you create those animations? This video you have made truly speaks for itself. This is a great example of how actions do speak louder than words!

6 jonathanb445 { 09.08.11 at 3:57 am }

You told a great story without saying a single word- true art. The music and animations were really good. As for the story of the Lion of Lucerne, I haven’t heard of it before, but your video has made me an instant fan of the story. Thanks for sharing your video and this work of art!

7 connielui { 09.08.11 at 3:51 pm }

I really liked the way you did your video. I found it fun to watch the way you decided to get across your message, instead of just simply talking to us. Instead you literally showed us what art was and you even managed to find a creative way to show us why you chose Macaulay.

8 Sylvia { 09.08.11 at 6:08 pm }

What a creative video! I love how simple your explanation for choosing Macaulay was, yet it was delivered in such a complicated way (well at least to me, since I don’t know the first thing about animation.) Also, I love how you showed your personality so clearly in these short minutes. Overall, great video!

9 Jonathan Edelstein { 09.09.11 at 12:28 am }

No offense to anyone else’s video, or to my own, but according to my opinion this video holds the number 1 spot . I am truly perplexed by how the video was created. Like the other Jonathan, I never heard of the Lion of Lucerene before ..After a quick Wikipedia search, however, I not only learned what it was , but also understood how appropriately the music fits this work of art..

10 sari { 09.11.11 at 2:43 am }

I really enjoyed this video as a work of art in and of itself. It’s striking because it’s a video about you and you transmit that so clearly without saying a single word and without ever showing your face. The only part of you the viewer does see is your hands, which is meaningful because that’s the part of you that creates, or that is creating. Really impressive video!