What We Feel and What We Mean

Snapshot Day Photo

This is the photo I submitted for snapshot day. The photo is of the fire hydrant parked conveniently outside my house. The light was provided by the street light. I think it gives it a cool shadow and effect.

Enjoy!

1 Emibee Wong <3 { 12.21.11 at 3:35 pm }

So was this photo taken at night time? When I saw this photo, I was interested in the kind of light that was available to make the whole photo have a ‘rusty’ color to it. Did you use a special camera color effect or was it just the way it was?

2 Richie Mizrahi { 12.21.11 at 9:43 pm }

Yes this was taken at night with the street light providing the only light source (They’re might have been a car passing at the same time which might have contributed to the lighting as well.) I thought about using an effect from the camera and ultimately decided to use a very minimal effect that barely changed the light but captured it correctly at the same time.

3 Emibee Wong <3 { 12.24.11 at 7:22 am }

Wow, that’s interesting! I think the street lights in my area would create a different color effect on photos. And it’s great that you decided to make the picture as ‘au naturale’ as possible! 🙂