What We Feel and What We Mean

Emily’s Perspective of Macaulay and the Arts

Hi guys! Here’s a little introduction about me. I apologize for any awkwardness, especially because I’m technically talking to myself and that my table light puts a mysterious glow on my face. 🙄 Here is the link to my high school’s performance of the first part of Carl Orff’s Carmina Burana: http://vimeo.com/12787500 . If you’re interested to hear the rest, the videos are by the right side of the screen. I’m really happy that I can share one of my most powerful experiences in the arts with all of you. Feel free to give me your comments and opinions on this!  😀

1 asavage { 09.06.11 at 11:21 pm }

I find it interesting that the Carmina Burana is what you chose. It is, granted, a powerful piece of music, but it’s also very menacing, foreboding, and aggressive, and yet (please don’t take this the wrong way) you are so nice and easy to talk to! Funny what appeals to our inner tastes.

2 Emibee Wong <3 { 09.08.11 at 9:26 am }

Thanks for your input, Adrian! 🙂 I do actually find it funny what appeals to my inner tastes. I particularly love listening and playing pieces like the Carmina Burana- powerful, aggressive, and full of energy usually more than those more serene! I think this is so because these kind of pieces show another side of me that people don’t usually get to meet. It’s almost as if I’m letting the beast in me come out and it makes me feel so alive and good! I believe all forms of art have the power to expose different sides in people that regular interaction and words don’t or can’t always convey.