What We Feel and What We Mean

Meet the Artist – Alicia Hall Moran

Meet the Artist with Alicia Hall Moran turned out to be a big learning experience for me. There was much more talking done than singing on her part (we were, in fact, “meeting the artist”). But that turned it into a learning experience instead of just a performance. She gave us advice that applied to everyone regardless of what our interests were. She said that the thing we are desperately seeking for in life can be right in front of us and we won’t have the slightest clue. She believes that we should stop searching and just let it come. It will hit us. And I believe her.

Her singing was very creative and well thought out. Her mix of opera and mow town music seemed really genuine, and there is nothing more that I appreciate than a genuine singer or musician. In terms of technicality, I think that her performance required a ton of practicing, so much that only those who really love singing would commit to. It definitely is not something I would ever listen to on my own time. But, again, I truly appreciate the insight of achievement she gave us, coming from a well-accomplished person like her, and I thank her for teaching me some important life lessons.

1 comment

1 Joseph Kabariti { 12.09.11 at 12:48 am }

I, for one, believe that her advice holds true.

I only hope that it gives me some indication, such as a nudge or something, before it flat out hits me.

Seriously though, it sounds like she was a great speaker and you learned a lot.

Joey Kabariti