Brooklyn Museum experience

So, going to a museum in order for us students to do work was honestly not my idea of having fun. I originally didn’t think, “oh wander around Brooklyn museum with just the 500 or so Macaulay student, taking pictures, talking about art. ” would be as exciting as Mr. Ugoretz had put it. Whenever i had previously gone to a museum, it would be an interactive museum such as the science ones where you could play around and have fun. Art was not what i had really considered to be fun, so i was happy about all the fun i experience at Brooklyn Museum.

I do not personally like being in a huge crowd, so the minute the experience started i joined in with a small group, totaling five kids, so we could leave the crowded area where we were receiving the recorders. Just being able to go around in our little small crowd and walk the museum’s exhibits alone was so exciting. Whenever we found a work displayed that we enjoyed, we would talk about it very naturally. With all the works of art at Brooklyn museum it gave us a lot to talk about so we ended up recording a lot as a group. Not having to feel like what we were doing was work made the process so easy, so I feel like I would love to go to more museums like this.

Although the experience that we had that night cannot always happen, since we can’t just always reserve a whole museum to some kids. I honestly feel that walking around a museum in a small groups is a lot of fun. It is something everyone should be able to do, since it would most likely make going to a museum more enjoyable and make the experience more pleasant. Not having to feel like we had to oblige by normal social construct, since all the students were there for the same reason made this experience so much fun. So as you can tell I did enjoy going to Brooklyn museum.

1 comment

1 Norma Sutton { 09.11.14 at 10:18 pm }

I agree that the main reason that the experience was fun is because we were with small groups that we were able to walk around with. I think in order to have this kind of experience many more times at different museums we should take a couple of friends or so with us whenever we decide to go to a museum. In my opinion it will really help enhance the experience.