Museum Night

I have been to many museums before in my life and have never understood the appeal of standing in front of something really old and just looking at it. I would much rather read a good book or watching a movie than try to appreciate something I don’t care about. The Brooklyn Museum did not seem like a fun time at all. Walking around and talking about things I have absolutely no idea about made me kind of annoyed. I just didn’t see the point.

I actually rather enjoyed the night. My group was really fun and interesting. Throughout the night i tried to become interested in the art and think of “the big picture” but i was unable to personally experience any type of feeling towards it. I of course appreciated the hard work and skill that went into the paintings that I saw, but didn’t have any emotion towards anything. One thing I learned hearing my group members speak and express their ideas was the real effect that art can have. I can now understand how and why someone could look at a painting and feel awe, or happiness, and even anger.