Garry Winogrand Exhibit

Photography always grabbed my attention as a very unique art form. Photography to me is an expression of the way we see the world. We all see the same thing but photographers present them to us in “artistic” ways that we can be reminded of. Garry Winograd truly adopted this. His story personally reminded me of a journey in which he documented his steps by means of his photography. What really stood out to me about his pictures was the thought and effort he put into it. I recall the one picture that really stood out to me. It was possibly the worst quality picture in that most of the picture is blocked out by a person’s body. There’s only a small gap in the middle but through that gap you can see the faces of Eisenhower and Nixon. Out of the experiences he went through this stood out to me because he probably had to go through much effort to get the shot. As a photographer he was probably placed behind all the press cameras with no clear angle. He went out on great journeys across New York City and America. I appreciate the fact that this picture was up in the museum because it really told much about Winogrand’s prowess when it came to photography. DP274898

1 comment

1 Elisabeth Farkas { 09.30.14 at 9:10 pm }

Thanks for pointing this photo out! There were so many pictures at the show, I didn’t even notice this one and I like it a lot. I think everyone can identify with the experience of seeing something or someone really important from the snippets of view left over from the silhouettes of all the other people in front.