The American Ballet

Walking off the train got me somewhere I never expected to be. For someone who has lived in New York her whole life, it’s actually crazy that I’d never been to Lincoln Center before Thursday Night. Getting dressed up and meeting up with our class was a great experience. Lincoln Center was beautiful and I really enjoyed looking around at how nicely the whole area was put together. The fountain was stunning. I loved getting together with my peers to watch something that I’ve never had much interest in and being able to really enjoy it. I never went to a ballet before and it definitely was different from what I expected. I don’t even know how to describe the night, but it was incredible. The way the ballerinas (and male dancers) made it look so easy was crazy. I really couldn’t understand how hard the moves had to be to do and I still can’t. They looked flawless. At first, I doubted the order of the three ballets, thinking that maybe the last should go first. I thought that because it gives you a kind of rush, it would make you want more. After speaking to everyone else though, I changed my mind. The order was perfectly thought out. First came the traditional stuff, the parts that you expect to see when coming in. That stuff would seem boring after the last ballet, but just seemed beautiful when it was placed first. I also loved how at the end they incorporated all different kinds of dances and performed it into a ballet. It was lovely to watch and also had its funny perks.
It was great and I really enjoyed the experience.
I was nice and decided not to post the pictures. (Alex and Farzana)
(:

1 Jeanette Eliezer { 10.26.14 at 8:15 pm }

Well said. 🙂

2 robynsaad { 10.26.14 at 8:22 pm }

thank yaaaa

3 alexmendez { 10.27.14 at 5:02 pm }

Being nice, huh? haha. But yes I agree, I think the order was just as important as any other aspect of the show! And it was indeed well thought out.

4 robynsaad { 10.27.14 at 6:16 pm }

Yep I was in a good mood, you’re welcome.
Thanksss