The Ballet

I had no idea what to expect from the ballet, but turns out that I loved it so much that I asked my mother to buy us tickets to go see the Nutcracker together. The only word that I can use to describe the ballet is MAGICAL. Everything about the entire experienced provoked this feeling of enchantment, from the Lincoln Center Square, to the performance hall, and of course to the ballet itself.
I loved how the ballet was split up into three different performances. My favorite act was the dance that gave the story of the forbidden love, that was basically a story of a love triangle. Since I am not a dancer and I don’t have much experience with it, I was shocked to find myself really understanding the entire dance and I was able to figure out which characters were the bride-to-be, the fiancee, the lover, and the mistress. I couldn’t take my eyes off the stage the entire time. The other two scenes were also very enjoyable and I loved how they added a comedy aspect to the ballet because I always associated ballets with just a romantic aura, but it showed me that imagination can go beyond anything we expect. I am so grateful to have been able to experience the ballet and get that feeling of magic within me.