The Ballet

Before going to the ballet I expected it to see a lot of girls in pink tutus pointing their toes and jumping up in the air. So when the show opened up and there were men and women wearing white and black costumes, I was shocked.

The first performance was beautiful. It was nice to see how passionate the dancers were.

Before the second performance I read the story behind the performance and was amazed that a story can be depicted through ballet. I did not realize that a ballet was not just about people dancing. But it was a little hard to follow with the story because there were so many things going on at once.

The last performance was my favorite one. I loved the typical story of three sailors looking to impress a woman. The comedy of the performance really had me going. It was the cherry on top of the cake. I expected to listen to classical music and watch performers dance for two hours, but was blown away from the last performance. It was like a broadway show to me, and I enjoyed it a lot. I would love to go to a ballet again!