Carmen

Going to Lincoln Center in order to watch Carmen was really Cool. Although it was scary not knowing where Mr.Ugoretz was, finally getting into the beautiful theatre was just an amazing feeling. Being so high up from the stage it did bother me, since I had a hard time seeing any of the performers and being able to distinguish one performer from the other. I tried my best during some performances just to try to see who was singing. I really thought that the fact that you couldn’t see the translations from other people’s screens, who were on your side, was cool, but you were able to read off the screen in front of you.

Watching the performance I was amazed by the singers. I mean although it would have been nice to hear the singing a little bit louder, the fact that those singers were able to project their voices so far up was amazing. I really liked all the singing that went on since for the most part the singing when along with the way the performers were acting and it was an amazing show when you combined the two. I honestly feel that the length of the opera wasn’t so bad since according to a friend of mine “most hindi movies are 3-5 hours” so the fact that our performance was three hours wasn’t so bad. Honestly I think that if the performance were longer it would still be a good show, since many people seem to enjoy the theatre partly due to the environment and the experience they have being able to just be engulfed by the show.

Overall I did really like going to carmen. I probably will wanna go see some other operas later in the future, such as ones done by Mozart.