Ballet Reaction

I’ve never seen a ballet performance on any scale, amateur or professional. My limited knowledge of the ballet is from television and seeing characters on different shows attending the ballet. The ballet was my first experience with a formal aspect of “arts in New York City.”

What stood out to me first was the atmosphere of the ballet. I loved how everyone respected the performers and the ballet itself. The audience was extremely respectful and nothing really distracted me from the ballet. I felt that there was an understood reverence for the ballet from the way in which people watched it. The show itself was extremely diverse. The three shows covered a broad spectrum of emotions which really gave me the full experience of the ballet as an art from. I personally loved the last show because the music was composed by a Leonard Bernstein who is a personal favorite of mine. The dancers did an amazing job bringing this wonderful music to life. The dance and music aspects were not independent but went perfectly hand in hand with each other which I loved.